Homecoming is coming! Do we want to be in the parade? If interested, please reply to this email or let KB or Pr. Chad know when you see them next.
What's Happening this week:
1) Bridge Wednesday Night Dinner/Discussion 5:30 pm Wed. Sept. 15th in the side yard (or Fellowship Hall depending on weather/how wet the grass is).
- Features burritos or bowls from Chipotle. Please let Rinnah know what kind of burrito or bowl you want and please keep it under $11. Text her with your name and order by noon on Wednesday: 513-604-3061. Additionally, if you have special dietary restrictions and can't eat one of our meals one week, please let Rinnah or Katie Beth know as we are more than happy to accomodate you with advance notice (ie before noon on Wed.).
- All are welcome! We continue on with our readings from Songs of Solomon and learning from the book My Grandmother's Hands. It's not chronological, so no worries if you missed us last week!
2) Retreat Depart from church 9am Sat. Sep. 18th (back parking lot) return mid afternoon (2-3pm) Sunday.
- Our retreat slots are currently full, but be sure to contact Katie Beth if you really want to go and did not sign up as occasionally folks have to cancel for health reasons.
- For those not on retreat, feel free to join CLC folks in worship at 10a.m. in the side yard. In the event of inclement weather, please join us online through our website, facebook, or YouTube.
4) Save the Dates
- Moonlight Canoeing Sept. 25th at 6:30 pm (must leave Athens by 5:45pm) in Logan at Hocking Hills Canoe Livery. Unfortunately the RSVP for this event has closed. As the canoe livery is currently overbooked, we will be unlikely to add anyone to the trip, but you are welcome to sign up for a waitlist in case someone is unable to go. The trip includes glow necklaces and bracelets + live music (outdoors) and s'more making at the end.
- Apple Butter making at Lutheran Memorial Camp Sunday, Oct. 10 from 11am - 3p.m.. Join us as we drive up to camp for the day to help out with making apple butter. It's a finger licking good time! RVSP no later than Wednesday Oct. 6th. Event is free!
- Camp Fire out at Katie Beth, Sue Ellen, and Marilyn's home Friday, Nov. 12th at 7p.m.
Want to meet with Katie Beth or Pr. Chad one on one? Set up a meeting with KB by emailing here or texting her directly. For Pr. Chad, click "Request a meeting" on our clcathens.org homepage and go from there.
-Katie Beth, Maggie the dog, and Pr. Chad