Welcome back, and for those who are new, welcome home! We sure are glad to have everyone in person this year, rather than a phased start. Buckle in and be sure to scan everything, especially the save the dates and RSVP deadlines. We are hiring! Look under downloads at the bottom of this post for the employment description.
What we have happening:
1) Welcome Back Chicken Dinner 5:30 pm Wed. Aug. 25th in the side yard of the church (behind the Student House).
- Features fried chicken and fixins from Millers Chicken or some veggie goodness from Pita Pit for vegetarians.
- All are welcome. This week is a relaxing time of games and fellowship.
- Please RSVP by 4pm tomorrow (Tuesday) if you plan to attend as our food needs to be preordered. Please bring a mask to wear when not actively eating or drinking. You can do that by texting Rinnah, our peer minister, at 513-604-3061. Save her number as she will be taking RSVPs all year.
2) Welcome Back Worship 10am Sun. Aug. 29th in the side yard of the church (behind student house).
- Right after worship, Katie Beth (our Director of Campus Ministry) will take all those who would like to join to a local coffee shop for coffee, tea, or a snack. The church is treating.
- Currently, we do not need RSVPs for worship :)
3) Save the Dates
- Wednesday Nights are now happening at 5:30pm. We will be in person, outside in the sideyard, every Wednesday this fall, for the time being.
- Retreat at Lutheran Memorial Camp Sept. 18-19 Our retreats are laid back times for fun and fellowship--plenty of time to relax. Leave 9am Saturday return lunch/ early afternoon Sunday. Must RSVP and pay Wednesday Sept. 8th. Cost is $40 and includes all meals, climbing the rockwall, and doing the zipline. The church is covering the other half of your cost of attendance. We will be in a cabin together with separate restroom facilities outside the cabin.
- Moonlight Canoeing Sept. 25th at 6:30 pm (must leave Athens by 5:45pm) in Logan at Hocking Hills Canoe Livery. Must RSVP and pay by Wednesday, Sept. 8. Cost for you is $15 as the church will cover the other half. The trip includes glow necklaces and bracelets + live music (outdoors) and s'more making at the end.
- Apple Butter making at Lutheran Memorial Camp Sunday, Oct. 10 from 11am - 3p.m.. Join us as we drive up to camp for the day to help out with making apple butter. It's a finger licking good time!
- Camp Fire out at Katie Beth, Sue Ellen, and Marilyn's home Friday, Nov. 12th at 7p.m.
More specific questions on how we are handling Covid-19 precautions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing your faces!
-Katie Beth, Maggie the dog, and Pr. Chad