It's already week two! We hope to see you on Wenesday night at 5:30 -- read on to see how to choose your meal for Wednesday and how to RSVP for any of our upcoming events.
Also, we are hiring! Look under downloads at the bottom of this post for the employment description and how to apply :)
What we have happening:
1) Bridge Wednesday Night Dinner/Discussion 5:30 pm Wed. Sept. 1st in the side yard of the church (behind the Student House).
- Features tacos from Taco Johns. Please RSVP your taco order by noon on Wednesday if you plan to attend. All you have to do is decide if you want hardshell (corn) or softshell (flour), what kind of protein: choice of beef, chicken, or beans, and how many you can eat. Then text Rinnah, our peer minister, at 513-604-3061 with your name and order.
- All are welcome! We will be introducing our look at the book My Grandmother's Hands. No reading necessary :)
2) Worship 10am Sun. Sep. 5th in the side yard of the church (behind student house).
- If folks want to do coffee, tea, or juice at a local place after worship again, we absolutely can -- but you will be buying your own this time :) Let us know Sunday!
3) Save the Dates
- Retreat at Lutheran Memorial Camp Sept. 18-19 Our retreats are laid back times for fun and fellowship--plenty of time to relax. Leave 9am Saturday return lunch/ early afternoon Sunday. Must RSVP and pay Wednesday Sept. 8th. Cost is $40 and includes all meals, climbing the rockwall, and doing the zipline. The church is covering the other half of your cost of attendance. We will be in a cabin together with separate restroom facilities outside the cabin.
- Moonlight Canoeing Sept. 25th at 6:30 pm (must leave Athens by 5:45pm) in Logan at Hocking Hills Canoe Livery. Must RSVP and pay by Wednesday, Sept. 8. Cost for you is $15 as the church will cover the other half. The trip includes glow necklaces and bracelets + live music (outdoors) and s'more making at the end.
- Apple Butter making at Lutheran Memorial Camp Sunday, Oct. 10 from 11am - 3p.m.. Join us as we drive up to camp for the day to help out with making apple butter. It's a finger licking good time!
- Camp Fire out at Katie Beth, Sue Ellen, and Marilyn's home Friday, Nov. 12th at 7p.m.
Want to meet with Katie Beth or Pr. Chad one on one? Set up a meeting with KB by emailing here or texting her directly. For Pr. Chad, click "Request a meeting" on our clcathens.org homepage and go from there.
-Katie Beth, Maggie the dog, and Pr. Chad