Happy New Year! Best wishes for realizing all your new goals:
- Reminder: Wednesday Night Prayer is back on Zoom and happening every Wed. night at 7pm. Click here to join.
- Coffee Hour this Sunday, Jan. 9th at 11:30am on Zoom will focus on the social determinants of health. Our own Dr. Beth Longenecker will lead this first discussion, part of a two part series. We live in one of the poorest counties in the state. Residential zip code is predictive of long term health, educational and social outcomes. Come and learn what affects us and what we can do. Click here to join.
- A note regarding bulletins: as previously mentioned we will now be including recent prayer requests as part of our bulletin. Recent means any prayer chain requests received from Thursday after office hours through the following Thursday at the time when the bulletin is finalized and printed. If you send in a prayer chain request and do not want it to be published please note that in the request. For timely updates regarding prayer requests, please email the office to ask to join the emailed prayer chain. No information will be published in the bulletin aside from the individual's name; therefore, no updates will be given in this format.
- Volunteers needed for Good Works, a faith based agency serving people who are temporarily homeless and other vulnerable people in our Athens community. Here is the link to learn about volunteer opportunities: https://good-works.net/volunteer-opportunities/
- Volunteers also needed for Athens County Food Pantry. The shifts are 2.5 hours in the morning or afternoon, M-F, and volunteers need to be able to transport themselves to the volunteer site which is the Athens County Jobs and Family Services building outside Chauncy, OH. Training provided. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-590-7051.
Here's what's happening this week:
Monday, Jan. 3
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, Jan. 4
6pm OA - Fellowship Hall
7pm Equity and Justice - Zoom
Wednesday, Jan. 5
7:00pm Wed. Night Prayer - Zoom
Thursday, Jan. 6
7pm Social Ministry - Zoom
Saturday, Jan. 8
10am OA - Fellowship Hall
Sunday, Jan. 9 - Epiphany Sunday
10am Worship - Sanctuary, Masks Required; Also Live-streamed
After Worship Choir Practice - Sanctuary
11:30am Coffee Hour - Zoom