Happening this week:
- GODSPEED FOR KATIE BETH, this Sunday, June 19th following worship. While Katie Beth will be with us for a little longer, this was best date to hold a reception to wish her well on her next journey. Come join the fun! If you have questions, please contact Pastor Chad email@example.com or Council President, Dan Snoddy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING FOR CHURCH NIGHT OUT: Christ Lutheran will be having a church night out at Copperheads' baseball on Saturday, July 16th at the 7pm Copperheads' homegame. Cost is $15/person and includes ticket, food voucher, and water or soda. You must register in advance - we need to know by Monday, June 20th. Please sign up here https://forms.gle/WCoEYb7zZdV3oftCA.
- Timothy House: CLC is starting to take collections for Timothy House again. For more details, please see the June Chi Rho newsletter, found by clicking here and looking under "downloads" for the PDF.
Save the dates:
- Memorial for Fran Dalzell: The Dalzell family invites members and friends of Christ Lutheran to join the online memorial service for longtime member, Fran Dalzell. Details are Saturday, June 25th at 3pm EST via Zoom. Click here to join. Service will be led by Rev. Emily Anderson, Providence Presbyterian Church, Maryville TN. There will be space/time to share pictures, music, or verbal memories of Fran. If you would like to send images in advance, you can send them to GhaoilDhe@gmail.com (Sheelagh) or email@example.com (Corina). Please direct any questions to one of them.
- Congregational Meeting: The annual congregational meeting will be directly after worship on Sunday, June 26th (approximately 11am). Business to come before the meeting are approval of last year's minutes, approval of the FY 2022-2023 budget, and approval of a statement about creation care. You may find all of the relevant documents here: https://www.clcathens.org/news/business-for-the-june-26th-11am-annual-congregational-meeting
- Memorial and Celebration of Life for Marcus Dahn: A Memorial Service honoring long time CLC member, Dr. Marcus Dahn, who passed from this life last December, will be held for family, church family, and friends, on Saturday, July 2, at 1:00pm at Christ Lutheran. Pastor Chad will officiate. Assuming it is safe health wise by then, coffee and cookies will be served in the narthex. Because Marcus very much loved music and dancing, in true Liberian fashion, the Dahn family intends to celebrate his 69 years on this earth, by hosting a party Marcus would have enjoyed. Following the Memorial service, you are invited to Arts West, on W. State Street, from 3-10pm, for a Celebration of Life gathering to include music, food, and libations.
What's Happening at CLC this week:
Monday, June 13
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, June 14
6pm OA - Zoom
6pm Theology on Tap - Zoom
7pm Messy Church Training - Online (Link provided by the organization to those registered)
Wednesday, June 15
No Wednesday Night Prayer - on pause for Summer
Thursday, June 16
5-7pm Regeneration - Sanctuary
5:30-7pm VBS - Fellowship Hall
Saturday, June 18
10am OA - Online
7pm Juneteenth Celebration - Southeast Ohio History Center*
*For Ohio U Juneteenth events, a full day's schedule, click here.
Sunday, June 19
Juneteenth, Father's Day, & Godspeed for Katie Beth
10am Worship - Sanctuary
11am Godspeed for Katie Beth - Sideyard (Fellowship Hall if inclement weather)