The office is closed today but will reopen tomorrow, Tuesday, June 21st.
Happening this week:
- TODAY IS DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING FOR CHURCH NIGHT OUT: Christ Lutheran will be having a church night out at Copperheads' baseball on Saturday, July 16th at the 7pm Copperheads' homegame. Cost is $15/person and includes ticket, food voucher, and water or soda. You must register in advance - we need to know by TODAY. Please sign up here https://forms.gle/WCoEYb7zZdV3oftCA.
- SATURDAY Memorial for Fran Dalzell: The Dalzell family invites members and friends of Christ Lutheran to join the online memorial service for longtime member, Fran Dalzell. Details are Saturday, June 25th at 3pm EST via Zoom. Click here to join. Service will be led by Rev. Emily Anderson, Providence Presbyterian Church, Maryville TN. There will be space/time to share pictures, music, or verbal memories of Fran. If you would like to send images in advance, you can send them to GhaoilDhe@gmail.com (Sheelagh) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Corina). Please direct any questions to one of them.
- SATURDAY Confirmation Goes Boating: Chad and Katie Beth are taking the confirmation class out to Stroud's for a ride on a pontoon + swimming (if desired) on Saturday June 25 from 5-8pm. Meet at the boathouse. Cost is $15/person. Sliders (vegetarian and regular) + chips and water will be provided. Bring anything else you'd like to eat/drink.
- Congregational Meeting: The annual congregational meeting will be directly after worship on Sunday, June 26th (approximately 11am). Business to come before the meeting are approval of last year's minutes, approval of the FY 2022-2023 budget, and approval of a statement about creation care. You may find all of the relevant documents here: https://www.clcathens.org/news/business-for-the-june-26th-11am-annual-congregational-meeting
Save the date:
- Memorial and Celebration of Life for Marcus Dahn: A Memorial Service honoring long time CLC member, Dr. Marcus Dahn, who passed from this life last December, will be held for family, church family, and friends, on Saturday, July 2, at 1:00pm at Christ Lutheran. Pastor Chad will officiate. Coffee and cookies will be served. Because Marcus very much loved music and dancing, in true Liberian fashion, the Dahn family intends to celebrate his 69 years on this earth, by hosting a party Marcus would have enjoyed. Following the Memorial service, you are invited to Arts West, on W. State Street, from 3-10pm, for a Celebration of Life gathering to include music, food, and libations.
What's Happening at CLC this week:
Monday, June 20
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, June 21
6pm OA - Zoom
7pm Messy Church Training - Online (Link provided by the organization to those registered)
Wednesday, June 22
No Wednesday Night Prayer - on pause for Summer
Thursday, June 23
5:30-7pm VBS - Fellowship Hall
Saturday, June 25
10am OA - Online
3pm Memorial for Fran Dalzell (see above)
5-8pm Confirmation Boating - Meet at Dow Lake Boat House
Sunday, June 26
10am Worship - Sanctuary
11am Congregational Meeting - Sanctuary