Buckle in as this is a LONG one. I have tried my best to bold the important points so you can scan what is relevant for you.
Happening within our church:
- We are still in need of 2-3 people to bake or purchase sweet rolls/breads or other non-refrigerated items for Bridge Students to give away at the Reformation Breakfast Giveaway happening this Thursday morning from 8am - Noon in George Weckmans's front yard. Please let Katie Beth know ASAP if you are willing to donate something. Items can be dropped off during office hours today or tomorrow (Tuesday) from 9am-1pm, or other arrangements can be made. KB will be out of the office Wednesday Oct. 27th and Thursday Oct. 28th (the day of the event) and unable to receive items those days. All items need to be individually packaged in an air tight method such as saran wrap or baggies, and all ingredients must be listed on each individual item. KB can make sticky labels if you send her the ingredients by Monday, Oct. 25th.
- The Fall Fun Festival is happening this Sat., Oct. 30th from 4-8p.m. If you did not RSVP but want to come, please email Sue Ellen Miller at email@example.com today so she can make food and parking arrangements. If it rains on Saturday, the event will be moved to the following Saturday, the first Saturday in Nov., at the same time. This is a drop-in event, but hiking has a set start time of 4:15pm. Bean soup, bottled water, and s'mores will be provided. Feel free to bring your own beverages. No need to bring food items, but if you really want, you may bring individually packed desserts with ingredients listed. Please see last week's what's happening for valuable info on where the event is being held (a field, etc.). You can find previous What's Happenings on our website under "News"
- Bring your Bibles to Reformation Sunday Worship this Sunday, Oct. 31st at 10am in the Side Yard We will be gifting our youth Bibles and blessing them as part of the service. We invite you to bring your own personal Bible or big family heirloom Bibles to be blessed as well. If we are rained out, we will bless the youth bibles, which are currently at the church, physically, and yours virtually at the same time via online worship. Chris Snoddy will then schedule a pickup window for the families of youth to come and collect their bibles.
- To provide names for All Saints Worship click here (or email the office if there is trouble). These would be names of those who have passed in the past year, i.e. from Nov. 1 2020 until now, and whom you would like to be recognized.
- Social Ministry Committee is requesting donations for an asylum seeker who is sponsored by AUISP (Athens United Immigrant Support Project) and needs winter clothes. Mohamed is in his early 20's and especially needs winter boots, a winter jacket, warm gloves, a scarf, and hat or earmuffs. He wears size 9 shoe. His size is medium for socks, shirts or sweaters, a jacket, and pants for winter. He also needs a warm blanket for a single bed. If you have something to donate, please drop it off at the church. If you would like to donate money to help purchase some of these items, please make the check out to AUISP, write Mohamed on the Memo line, and send it to Anne Sparks at: 730 Robinette Ridge Rd., New Marshfield, OH 45766. We will put more details about Mohamed and how our church members and folks in the community are supporting him in the newsletter. Thank you!
Happening in our community:
- Sat. Nov. 6 from 10am-2pm at the Athens Community Center, there will be a Medical Supplies & Equipment Collection Event. New or slightly used items may be donated safely by staying in your car, and masked volunteers will accept donations to be distributed locally and shipped overseas.
Here's what's happening this week:
Monday, Oct. 25
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, Oct. 26
5:30pm Earth Justice - Zoom
6pm OA - Fellowship Hall
Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Office Closed
5:30pm Bridge - Side Yard of Church
7pm Wednesday Night Prayer - Zoom
Thursday, Oct. 28 - Office Closed
8am-Noon Bridge Breakfast Giveaway - George's Front Yard
Saturday, Oct. 30
10am OA - Fellowship Hall
4-8pm Fall Fun Festival - Sue Ellen and Marilyn's Home, New Marshfield
Sunday, Oct. 31
10am Reformation Sunday Worship - Side yard, Bring your Bibles (!) and your own chair*,**
*We now require masks for all people over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, for our outside worship. If you are unable to join us in person or are feeling ill, we invite you to join worship via the live stream. During inclement weather, worship will be offered online only.
**If you are in need of a chair, or need assistance transporting a chair from your vehicle, please let the office know. We are happy to help.