Important church notes:
- Coffee Hour 11:30am this Sunday, Oct. 10th on Zoom (click here). Topic is refugees and immigration with a specific focus on Afghan refugees who have been in the news a lot recently, leading to strong emotional responses and uncertainty.
- Youth & Family goes to Libby's Pumpkin Patch 1-3pm this Sunday, Oct. 10th. The church is covering the cost of youth tickets; adult tickets are $7. If you plan to attend, please email Jana Hovland at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let her know how many youth you will be bringing. This is for toddlers through Middle School aged children.
Important community notes:
- It's not too late to donate to CROP WALK! Please make checks to CWS/CROP. There is a collection envelope in the church office or drop it in the mail to the church (69 Mill St., Athens, OH, 45701). Office hours are Mon-Thur, 9am-1pm.
- Volunteers Need for Athens County Food Pantry
The present need is mainly for distribution, which happens 10am to 3pm weekdays. We have a couple regular distribution volunteers who are unable to help due to health issues. The distribution occurs inside the Athens County Job and Family Services building on Rt. 13 just south of Chauncey, where masks are required. If interested, contact ACFP volunteer coordinator Erin Bright using the form at http://athenscountyfoodpantry.org/contact-us/
- The Ohio University Nutrition Treatment Program is accepting clients for Fall 2021. The program consists of three one-on-one nutritional counseling sessions with a senior dietetic student. Sessions are supervised by a registered dietitian and are personalized to meet client nutrition goals. Counseling includes two 3-day food record nutritional analyses, nutritional education and coaching specified by the client. If you are interested in losing weight, controlling your blood sugar better, decreasing your heart disease risk through diet or just improving your overall food habits, please contact Jana Hovland at email@example.com. Counseling services are free of charge and are open to faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Free New Testament Greek Class is being offered through Christ Community Wesleyan Church in Albany. The class starts Monday, Oct. 11th. See attached flier by clicking "Read More" and then clicking on the flier found under "Downloads".
Here's what's happening this week:
Monday, Oct. 4
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, Oct. 5
6pm OA - Student House
7pm Equity & Justice - Zoom
Wednesday, Oct. 6
5:30pm Bridge - Side yard
7pm Wednesday Night Prayer - Zoom
Saturday, Oct. 9
9:30am OA - Fellowship Hall
Sunday, Oct. 10
10am Worship - Side yard, Bring your own chair*,**
11:30am Coffee Hour - Zoom
1-3pm Youth and Family Pumpkin Patch Visit - Libby's Pumpkin Patch (RSVP to Jana firstname.lastname@example.org)
*We now require masks for all people over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, for our outside worship. If you are unable to join us in person or are feeling ill, we invite you to join worship via the live stream. During inclement weather, worship will be offered online only.
**If you are in need of a chair, or need assistance transporting a chair from your vehicle, please let the office know. We are happy to help.