Important church notes:
- Blessing of the Pets this Saturday, Oct. 2nd at 10:30am Join us in the sideyard of Christ Lutheran for this event.
- CROP Walk returns this Sunday, Oct. 3rd check-in is at 1:45pm in the parking lot of the Athens Community Center. Questions? Please contact Adele Hanson.
Important community notes:
- Volunteers Need for Athens County Food Pantry
The present need is mainly for distribution, which happens 10am to 3pm weekdays. We have a couple regular distribution volunteers who are unable to help due to health issues. The distribution occurs inside the Athens County Job and Family Services building on Rt. 13 just south of Chauncey, where masks are required. If interested, contact ACFP volunteer coordinator Erin Bright using the form at http://athenscountyfoodpantry.org/contact-us/
- Scrap Metal Drive + Recycling Day is happening this Saturday, Oct. 2nd, from 9 am-1pm, at the Athens County Fairgrounds. As usual, the Athens-Hocking Solid Waste District and Habitat for Humanity Faith Build Coalition are teaming up to collect your stuff. Please see the flier attached to this post under "downloads" to see which items can be recycled for free, which ones have fees, and which items will not be accepted. Additionally, we are looking for one or two church volunteers to assist with scrap metal collection. Please contact Chris Snoddy at firstname.lastname@example.org if that can be you!
- This Sunday, Oct. 3rd, the Athens County Community Read project is sponsoring an online film viewing of the film The Secret Life of Bees, adapted from the novel by Sue Monk Kidd. Check out the ACC Read facebook page for more details. There is also a planned second community discussion happening 6:30-8p.m. Monday, Oct. 11 via Zoom.
- The Ohio University Nutrition Treatment Program is accepting clients for Fall 2021. The program consists of three one-on-one nutritional counseling sessions with a senior dietetic student. Sessions are supervised by a registered dietitian and are personalized to meet client nutrition goals. Counseling includes two 3-day food record nutritional analyses, nutritional education and coaching specified by the client. If you are interested in losing weight, controlling your blood sugar better, decreasing your heart disease risk through diet or just improving your overall food habits, please contact Jana Hovland at email@example.com. Counseling services are free of charge and are open to faculty, staff, students, and community members.
Here's what's happening this week:
Monday, Sep. 27
6pm AA - Fellowship Hall
Tuesday, Sept. 28
5:30pm Earth Justice - Zoom
6pm OA - Student House
Wednesday, Sept. 29
5:30pm Property - Outside or Narthex (Stay Tuned)
5:30pm Bridge - Side yard
7pm Wednesday Night Prayer - Zoom
Saturday, Oct. 2
9am-1pm Recycling + Scrap Metal Drive - Athens County Fairgrounds
9:30am OA - Fellowship Hall
10:30am Blessing of the Pets - Side yard of the Church
Sunday, Oct. 3
10am Worship - Side yard, Bring your own chair*,**
1:45pm CROP Walk - Athens Community Center
7-9pm Viewing of The Secret Life of Bees, see Athens Community Read facebook for the link
*We now require masks for all people over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, for our outside worship. If you are unable to join us in person or are feeling ill, we invite you to join worship via the live stream. During inclement weather, worship will be offered online only.
**If you are in need of a chair, or need assistance transporting a chair from your vehicle, please let the office know. We are happy to help.