Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes will be happening to the weekly email, the Sunday email, and the newsletter. We will be moving to a centralized system where all things go "through" and "point to" the website. What does this mean for you? It means you will soon be able to subscribe or unsubscribe yourself to our three email lists (weekly what's happening, monthly newsletter, and weekly worship) on our website. You will also be able to subscribe your friends! No need to ask the office to do it. All people currently on our lists will be automatically migrated over unless you tell me (the office) otherwise. Migration is in process this week. Because of confidentiality, the prayer chain is a separate item, and has already been switched (emails for that should come from firstname.lastname@example.org). All folks who were on the prayer chain prior are still on it, and the only way to be added or removed to that list is through the office. Stay tuned for more details on our forthcoming switches and bear with us as we invariably encounter technical issues.
- Coffee Hour Follow-up: Equity and Justice thanks everyone who attended coffee hour yesterday. They promised to sources for the info shared + resources and actions you may find helpful (attached as PDF). As always, the committee is eager to hear how it could assist you in our shared journey of understanding and overcoming the inequities in our society. Please contact any committee member to share your idea about topics, format, and time.
- Plastic Film Recycling: Local service clubs are collecting plastic film to turn into park benches. For more details on the kind of film being collected, see attached PDFs. A note on drop off in the mall: If you enter the mall where the Chinese Buffett was before the pandemic and proceed down the hall to where Elder-Beerman was, you will see the title office on the left and the collection center is the space where a shoe store was at one time and before that it was a jewelry store.
- Rummage Sale Drop Offs: Christ the King Catholic Church's Rummage Sale, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, is this week. See the What's Happening below for item drop off times and location. (These are also listed in the May newsletter found here.)
- Budget Hearings are this week. This is your time to come and ask questions about the aspirational budget which will guide our ministry and mission from July '21-June '22. Hearings are Tuesday at Noon and Thursday at 6pm via Zoom. The links are in the What's Happening below and will be sent out again the day of. Council members will be on hand!
- Time & Talent Survey is still live. Click here and let us know how you would like to serve. Please note, many former positions such as communion server, usher, and choir member are purposefully not on this document as they are not needed at this time. We do not know when we will have these positions again so we invite you to consider helping in other new places where we do currently need assistance. When the blessed day comes that we are able to have these needs again, we will send out a request for those volunteers. We trust you will be ready and waiting!
- THANK YOU to the 40+ people who have already submitted your time and talent and the many who have mailed in estimated giving cards. If you are unable to bring your estimated giving card in-person to this Sunday's Worship, please mail it to Christ Lutheran Church, Attn: Wanda Weinberg, 69 Mill St., Athens, OH 45701.
Here's what's happening this week:
Budget Hearing 1 Tuesday, May 18 at Noon
Christian Education Mtg Tuesday, May 18 at 5:30pm
Midweek Prayer Wednesday, May 19 at 7pm
Rummage Drop-Off Thursday, May 20 at 10am-7pm Christ the King Family Center
Budget Hearing 2 Thursday, May 20 at 6pm
Beer & Bible Thursday, May 20 at 7pm Zoom
Rummage Drop-Off Friday, May 21 10am-5pm Christ the King Family Center
Rummage Sale Itself (no drop off) Saturday, May 22 8:30am-12:30pm Christ the King Family Center Commitment Sunday Worship Sunday, May 23 at 10am Behind Church, Bring your own chair*,**
Commitment Sunday Meal Sunday, May 23 at 11am Bring your own Sack Lunch, Sit with Each Other, Distanced, Behind Church
*In case of inclement weather, please join us online. For those unable to join us outside, the service will be simultaneously live streamed and remain available for later viewing. **If you are in need of a chair, or need assistance transporting a chair from your vehicle, please let the office know. We are happy to help.